Save Electricity To Help Conserve Natural Resources And Save The Environment
Some important points that you should keep in mind to save electricity are as follows:
• Renewable energy sources: try to get your electricity from those sources that use renewable energy sources such as wind or water to generate electricity.
• Insulation: ensure that you have good seals on doors and windows to give proper insulation. Make sure that your water heater is properly insulated and it does not lose too much heat.
• Use your air condition wisely and efficiently to save electricity. Also, proper maintenance, servicing and changing filter at least once a year can help in lessening your electricity bill considerably.
• Limit your reliance on appliances: do not use washing machines frequently. Instead try to wash your clothes with hand. Dry your clothes in your backyard rather than using driers too often.
• Replace your old appliances with “energy star” rated appliances.
• Do not open your refrigerator’s door too frequently and also check for its seal at regular intervals.
• Do not forget to turn off appliances when not in use and plug them out of socket. TVs, Music Systems, Computers, chargers are some of most energy sapping appliances.
• Most simplest and common way to save electricity is to turn off lights when not in use.
• Sunlight is a best source of energy as well as illumination, hence Illuminate your house with natural illumination and use minimal of lights possible during day time. Use light colored curtains that will provide privacy as well as let sunlight pass easily.
• Replace your regular light bulbs with compact fluorescent lights as CFLs are a big energy savor.
• Use solar panel electricity systems like lamps, inverter, dryer, cooker, heater etc.