People Need To Lessen Their Energy Consumption To Prolong Lives Of Natural Resources
Per person total energy consumption of India, as of January 2012, stands at 778 kWh. To provide complete access to its population, it is estimated that India would need an investment of 130 billion dollars at least. Non renewable power plants of India generate about 87 % of total electricity while renewable power plants constitute about 13 % of installed capacity. Energy resources are essential for human survival apart from food and water. Humans have already eaten up half of available resources hence it should be everybody’s primary concern to protect natural resources for future generations. One of many ways to preserve natural resources is to lessen energy consumption across the world. Some of ways by which you can do it are given below:
• Turn off lights when not in use
• Switch off appliances and plug them out of socket when you are done with their usage.
• Set your computers to sleep mode during period of inactivity
• Use compact fluorescent lamps instead of regular bulbs and lights for lesser consumption of electricity
• Use your ACs smartly as ACs consume huge power
• Use energy efficient appliances that consume less power